Complete Web Automation with Excel VBA
Fill Out Web Forms Dynamically, Navigate Web Pages Intuitively, And Extract & Manipulate Data To Increase Efficiency!
By Dan Strong, Owner @ ExcelVbaIsFun
Course length: ~9.5h
Using a website has become part of everyday life in both work and play. Many of us spend hours a day scouring the web or filling out tedious forms online for work!
Throughout the course, I take you through all the undocumented processes, enabling you to locate and interact with any element on a webpage using a variety of strategies, from basic text & attribute searches to Advanced strategies such as XPath, CSS Selectors, and Regular Expression (RegEx) functionalities.
You’ll learn how to fill out web forms dynamically, navigate web pages intuitively, and extract and manipulate data to increase efficiency.
Once you understand how to find an element (or group of elements), you’ll learn to evaluate whether elements are hidden, enabled or disabled, visible, selected, checked or unchecked, and then we’ll show you how to completely control mouse and keyboard commands and positioning. Then we’ll learn how and when to trigger macros with precision using “Timeouts and Waits”!
In addition to basic navigation, I’ll show you how to Open, Access and Toggle multiple tab Windows, how to resize, re-position and auto-scroll your browser window as well as use login techniques with set credentials. You’ll be able to deal with pop-ups, alerts, notifications and Frames like an expert. I’ll even show you the secrets of controlling the clipboard, saving screenshots to your Excel file or even taking all or parts of online tables into your spreadsheets automatically. Finally, I’ll take you through drop down menus and working with list boxes to complete your WebDriver mastery.
The course comes loaded with several examples in each section, including several engaging and challenging exercises to help you solidify what you’ve learned (with solution videos immediately following).
You’ll receive 100% of the source code, downloadable materials and course workbooks instantly, yours to keep FOREVER. In addition, you’ll receive LIFETIME ACCESS to the course videos, including updates, BONUS videos and lectures as they come out and any future source code and workbooks – Yours to keep – FREE.
All students will receive LIFETIME ACCESS to ask me any questions about the materials in the FORUM section – as well as chat with other students and help each other. As always, this is backed by a 30 day 100% No questions asked refund as well.
So Stop wasting your time with tedious online tasks when you can automate your online workflow Today!
Order “Complete Web Automation with Excel VBA” course Now!
Introduction video (3 min)
What you’ll learn
- Locate elements using Basic Strategies (ID, Name, Tag, Class)
- Search for Links using Link Text or Partial Link Text!
- Master XPath Location strategies and functions for hard to pinpoint elements
- Deal with Popups, Alerts, Notifications and Frames like a boss!
- Utilize Attributes to unearth embedded content
- Pinpoint elements using Relative or Absolute Xpath
- Learn the secret benefits of CSS Selectors
- View and Parse inner html document information
- Use free extensions and tools to locate best Xpath or CSS Selectors
- Capture Groups of Elements into Arrays, Lists or Straight to Excel!
- Sort and Remove Duplicates from a List Object
- Locate all sub elements of a div, table, or larger parent element
- Determine if element Exists, is Enabled, Hidden, Selected, Checked or Unchecked
- Evaluate hidden CSS Properties, such as ‘width’, ‘background color’, etc
- Understand Regular Expression (RegEx) patterns and using pattern matching
- Get element Position and Size and Scroll element into View when necessary
- Create custom error messages to evaluate comparison (Equality, Contains, NotEquals, Matches, Fail…)
- Discern the difference between Assert and Verify operators
- Programmatically hover, click, click and hold, release, right click and double click with the Mouse
- Send Keyboard combination presses as well as regular word character presses to the browser
- Drag and Drop elements or text to another area or drag files for Upload programmatically
- Control Timeouts and Wait default settings for PageLoad, Element searches and Server timeouts
- Delay execution until controls are Visible, Enabled, Text is displayed or changed, Checkboxes/Optionbuttons are selected
- Wait for CSS special values change or meet conditions
- Log In using set credentials to site
- Test for the presence of Dialog popups
- Navigate with Basic Web Controls – Back, Forward, Reload, Close Driver, Close Single page, Urls
- Save and Load specific user profile for WebDriver execution
- Enter and Exit specific embedded Frame controls and their html content
- Open, Access and toggle multiple tabs/windows and Select by Index, Title or Window Handle
- Resize and Position Browser window to user specifications
- Save Screenshot of Browser, Web Element(s), or entire Desktop to Excel or to a file
- Copy Image directly to Excel OR to Clipboard
- Change image dimensions and resize
- Compare multiple image files, generating an image of differences
- Cast image elements into ActiveX Image Control on worksheet or Userform!
- Convert Web-Table into TableElement Object and manipulate as array or directly to Excel
- Extract specific Web-Table column(s) instead of whole table!
- Dynamically select one or more Dropdown or Listbox options programmatically or using mouse clicks
- Deselect all options or explore ‘Options’ collection and properties
- You should already have Microsoft Excel (version 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 or 2016). Obviously the newer the better, but VBA works the same in all versions. It’s just that newer versions have more options, thus more VBA Commands to control those options.
- Very very basic Excel skills needed for this course. IF you know Basic to Intermediate Excel VBA, you can surely find more ways to utilize this info, but is not required as I explain everything in detail.
Who this course is for:
- This Excel course is for anyone who wants to learn Automation secrets in Excel VBA for controlling websites. No prior programming knowledge is needed.
Don’t just take our word for it…
This course gave me tremendous ideas and help my work. Now I used in my real work and make automation such as opening internal websites that I want to log in and go to correct sub pages.
Usually, I needed to open 4 different pages for processing each requirement and I had to proceed login and go to proper sub web pages. However, now I don’t have to do such a boring process. Just click buttons I made, it guides me to work right away going through full automation function.
I am very very happy to reduce my time and boring repeated jobs. I strongly recommend this course to everyone who wants to automate their work between Excel vba with Selenium and Web browser.
I strongly recommend this course to operational workers(Managers/Process Assistants).
…this is A+ content.
It’s a bit of a crime that when you Google something like “webscrape Excel VBA” you still get a ton of results with the old and useless Microsoft Internet Controls reference.
Excel brings a powerful UI, and despite its many failings, VBA brings a true rapid prototyping capability, and the VBE provides a really convenient debugging environment. Together, that’s why the Excel paradigm is still going strong after three decades. I love Python, but web automation with Excel+VBA is so easy, and so powerful that, I have to confess, I’d rather scrape with Excel+VBA.
These videos are paced well. Not too fast, not too slow. Dan does a great job with the selectors. And, I’m pretty amazed, answers questions individually.
This is an exceptional course. Definitely a strong 5 star rating.
Clear and progressive examples. Well done.
This course of Selenium Basic over VBA Excel with Daniel Strong is awesome. Huge material inside. Videos are smooth and very detailed, Daniel Strong has huge comprehension of the matter and has an excellent technical vocabulary and easy speech for students like me that has English as the second language… Daniel Strong has done a 10 out of 10 course. Keep up the good work.
Surely, I finished this class better than I had started (professionally speaking).
Skills you should have before taking this course…
- A bit of VBA experience helps, but I will take you through all the lessons with full examples, so you can pick up and practice the lessons even if you’re new.
- You don’t need any experience with Selenium as I’ll guide you through each idea and exercise!
Dan Strong is a renowned software instructor and efficiency solutions specialist and the Founder at ExcelVbaIsFun and Strong Software Solutions where he teaches report generation, data analysis, automation and numerous other I.T. skills. He posesses an exceptional ability to simplify complex topics and engages learners with an infectious passion for automation and technology.
Author of multiple international best-selling courses with over 125K students from 192 countries. He regularly publishes free training to 90K+ YouTube followers and at excelvbaisfun.com.
Your full course curriculum
Complete Web Automation with Excel VBA
Introduction - Getting Started & Setup
- Introduction and Course Download Files
- Getting & Installing Selenium
- Installation Troubleshooting (skip if you don’t need this!)
- Opening a Web Page
- Web Elements 101 – Type in Textbox and Click Search Button (ID,Name Selectors)
- HTML Overview – Popular Tags and Attributes
- Strategies – “Tag”
- Awful-Valentine Site Expired, But We Downloaded It!
- Strategies – “Class”
- Exercise 02a – Question
- Exercise 02a – Answer
- Strategies – “LinkText”
- Looking At Attributes – More Than Just TEXT!
- Strategies – “PartialLinkText”
- Strategies – “CSS Selectors” Intro
- How to Install a Chrome Extension
- CSS Selector Helper for Chrome
- CSS Selector Tool – ChroPath and Technical Demonstration
- BONUS – Set Value versus SendKeys To TextBox
- BONUS – New Change Attribute Custom Function and Huge Demo
Advanced Find With XPath
- Introduction to XPath
- XPath Helper Tool
- ChroPath with XPath for Relative and Absolute Reference Types
- XPath Function – Contains()
- XPath Function – Text()
- XPath Function – AND, OR
- XPath Function – Starts-With()
- XPath – Axes
- XPath Function – Last()
- Selecting a Specific Index for XPath Query!
- Exercise 03a – Question
- Exercise 03a – Answer
- More XPath Resources
- Selenium VBA Code Snippets – Chapter 1-3
Working With Multiple Elements At Once
- Working With a Group Of Elements (FindElements)
- Looping Through a Set of Elements, Declaration Tips
- Grab the Text For Each Element Into A List
- Grabbing All Attribute Values into a List
- Add, Remove or Change an Element from a List
- Get Count of List Items or Web Elements
- Remove Duplicates Elements from List
- Sorting Your List
- Importing Items to Excel Directly!
- Looping Through a List of Attributes for a Set of Elements
- Exercise 04a – Question
- Exercise 04a – Answer
- Finding Elements within an Element
Element Properties, Methods and Useful Information
- Find the Active Element
- Understanding the ‘By’ Object
- Does The Element Exist Using ‘By’ Object
- Does Element Exist Using WebElement Object (2 Ways!)
- Value, Tagname, Text & Css Properties
- Specialty Text Variations
- Discover Whether Element is Displayed, Enabled, Present, Selected…
- Pagination – Clicking Next Until You Reach the Last Page
- Element Position and Size
- Scrolling Element Into View
- Regular Expression Patterns!
- Return Text Based on Regular Expression (RegEx)
- Automatically Download File to Custom Folders with SetPreference()
- SetPreference Extra example!
Built In Comparison Operators
- Assert vs Verify
- Equals Comparison Operator
- Not Equals
- Custom Error Messages
- Matches & NotMatches
- Fail, False and True
- Selenium VBA Code Snippets – Chapter 4-6
Mouse and Keyboard Actions
- Click, Click and Hold, Release, Right Click & Double Click
- SendKeys and Keys Modifiers
- KeyDown, KeyUp
- Exercise 07a – Question
- Exercise 07a – Answer
- DragAndDrop – Element Disappears Once Dropped
- DragAndDrop – Dragging Text Programmatically
- DragAndDrop – Dragging File for Upload Programmatically
- Hover MenuItem and Click On Submenu Item
- Clear Out Text Entry Element
Timeouts and Waits
- TimeOuts and Wait DEFAULTS
- Basic Wait Command
- Exercise 08a – Question
- Exercise 08a – Answer
- Finding Elements With a Custom TimeOut Duration
- Wait Until Element is Displayed
- Wait For Specific Text or a Specific Attribute to Appear!
- Wait For CSS Special Value to Appear or Change
- Wait for Text To Appear or Change
- WaitNotElement and By.Any
- WaitEnabled or Wait Until Element is Displayed
- Wait For Selection With Checkboxes and OptionButtons
- Selenium VBA Code Snippets – Chapter 7-8
Browser Window Control, Navigation and Focus
- Alerts – Using Multi Options (OK and Cancel, OK Only & Text) with An Alert
- SetCredentials Troubleshooting Tips and Authorization Dialog Popups
- Custom Function Testing Whether Dialog Popup Is Present
- Basic Navigation – Back, Forward, Reload, Close Driver, Close Single page, Url
- Setting A Custom Profile For WebDriver Session
- Add Special Arguments to Customize Browser Options – Incognito or Hidden Window
- Special Arguments List
- Using a Portable Version of Chrome – GoogleChromePortable
- AddArguments Link and Examples
- Grab Html Page Source and Text From Parent Elements
- Exercise 09a – Question
- Exercise 09a – Answer
- Keep a Permanent WebDriver that Doesn’t Close On Its Own
- Frames and Frame Nagivation
- BONUS – Frame Finder Custom Function
- BONUS – Switch To Nested Frame Custom Function
- Window, Tab Manipulation by Title, Index, Previous and Next
- Accessing Window By Name, Handle
- Close All Tabs Except Main Tab
- Several Ways To Open a New Tab In Current Session
- Window Sizing and Position
- Selenium VBA Code Snippets – Chapter 9
Image and Clipboard Manipulation
- Save a Screenshot of Your Browser, Dispose Image in System Memory
- Save Web Element as Image
- Save Entire Desktop Screen as Image
- Copy Image Directly to Excel OR To Clipboard
- Image Dimensions and Resizing
- Compare Two Images with CompareTo and DiffCount
- Put Web Image Into Worksheet ActiveX Image Control
- Load Image Into Userform Image
Working With Tables
- Converting a Web Table to TableElement Object and Inserting into Worksheet
- Manipulating TableElement Data as Array onto Worksheet
- Loop Through Elements in Specific Column Only
- Loop Through Multiple Specific Columns Using OR Operator
- Put Specific Columns into List Object, To Excel Easily
- Exercise 11a – Question
- Exercise 11a – Answer
Selecting Options from Dropdowns and Listboxes
- Declare SelectElement, Read and Write Dropdown Control
- Select Using the Index Number
- Select Using Internal Option Value
- All About The Options Collection
- Using The Mouse To Select Multiple Options
- Deselecting All Options or Specific Options
- Selenium VBA Code Snippets – Chapter 10-12
- Exercise 12a – Question
- Exercise 12a – Answer
BONUS - Extra Troubleshooting Tips
- Error Loading Extension Help
- Error Loading Extension Help – Source Code
- BONUS LECTURE
Show off your new skills: Get a
certificate of completion
Once the course is over, pass a test to earn an Excel VBA certification.
Add it to your resume, your LinkedIn profile or other professional profiles.
The ExcelVbaIsfun guarantee:
- 30-day no questions asked money back period
- Use your new skills immediately as you learn.
Lifetime Access for a one-time fee
All courses come with a 30-day money back guarantee.
What REAL Students Are Saying…
When I was scouring online for something that will speed up what I need to do at work, finding Dan’s course was like an Oasis in the desert. I immediately saw how I can shave hours of time from my workflow every week, and got more and more excited as the course went on into the many different applications. I’ve already started creating some automation to make sure I have the most correct data in excel for reporting and that there are no data entry mis-haps… I had no idea could be used with VBA.
Look forward to providing an update when I’ve automated a few projects I had in mind. Also bought a few of his other courses as I finished this one. Thanks Dan!
Edit: I have been able to automate a few tasks that were taking 2+ hours a week, and now I can run them multiple times a week which would have required 6+ hours if I did that on my own.
I’m now trying to automate the next big time suck reporting tasks I have bi-weekly. If I’m able to automate this bi-weekly report, not only will I be able to save even more time, but I can run these reports almost daily as I keep refining and it could result in 10+ hours of work saved per week since I’m not doing things manually running things multiple times. Need to learn how to schedule reports to run automatically every week now – Thank you Dan!
Input Text & Run Searches
Scrape Web Data
Manipulate Web Elements
Fill Forms & Dynamically Wait
Options and Selection Controls
Hover & Click Actions
Change Value, Class or Any Attribute!
Drag & Drop Programmatically
Dialog Boxes and Popups
Window Sizing and Positioning
The GIF below shows searching for only size ‘M’edium and only discounted items before checking out automatically on a demo testing site!
Become an Affiliate
Terms & Conditions